Tag Archives: custody

Family Law, Mediation, and so much more

Family law encompasses a wider array of services beyond divorce, legal separation, child custody, timeshare and child support. I provide high quality and affordable family mediation services. Furthermore, I have extensive experience in both domestic and international adoptions and I … Continue reading

Posted in Assignment of debt, Attorney Fees and Other Costs, Child custody, child protection, Child support, Distribution of property, Divorce / Dissolution of Marriage, Divorce lawyer tactics, domestic violence, Evidence, Family Law, Legal Separation, Mediation & Conflict Resolution, Time-share | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Justice Remains Elusive

A decade has past and, based on my experience with more litigants than I can count, justice remains elusive. That is why I am excited to take my law degree plus my courtroom and litigation experience and combine it with my prior career in the human services field to offer mediation services with an emphasis …. Continue reading

Posted in Mediation & Conflict Resolution, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

It takes more than agreement for a custody order

While some courts will still issue an agreed custody order without these specific findings, it is not the best practice. Even if the divorce or custody action is being submitted on the record and all parties are in agreement, it is best to submit …. Continue reading

Posted in Child custody, Divorce / Dissolution of Marriage, Family Law | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Grandparent or Other Custodial Caretakers of Children Moving Out of State

That is a long title, but this is important news to grandparents, relatives or others who have custody of someone else’s minor children or are considering accepting custody. The new Family Court Rules of Procedure and Practice 7(2) requires a “parent” moving out of state or more than 100 miles away from the other parent to give sixty days notice. If there is no agreement on the move, then a motion has to be filed asking for it to be allowed and if there is agreement, then an agreed order is to be entered. Continue reading

Posted in Child cusotd, Family Law, Relocation, Time-share | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment